Steve joined the team in mid-2017 bringing with him over 30 years of Senior Management experience in the Finance, Insurance and Asset sector of the motor industry, working for companies such as Close Brothers, Car Care Plan, CAP/HPI & SMART Insurance where he started the company in the UK from its South African origins.
He is our Case Manager lead on our working capital products covering the Asset and Invoice finance sectors as well as Business Loans, Refinancing and Acquisitions as well as helping us develop our general portfolio of property business. Below are the typical tasks that keep Steve busy:
- The go to person in the business for Asset and Invoice Finance.
- Liaising with our funder partners to secure the best deal for our clients.
- Ensuring the practise is updated on latest funder developments.
- Packaging and presenting proposals to our funder partners.
- Training and Education of AR network on Asset and Invoice Finance.
Steve is a very proud Yorkshire man living all of his life in “God’s County”. He has a very strong sporting background in both Cricket and Rugby Union, where he represented the county on numerous occasions and is an RFU level 3 rugby coach. These days he sticks to golf and is a member of Selby Golf Club off an 11 handicap with aspirations to get to single figures, He is married, lives locally, has 3 sons (who are all big sportsmen themselves) and two young grand-daughters. Like most of the practise Steve is a very keen ‘Leeds United’ supporter. MOT